Keke Palmer is fabulously fierce on the January cover of ESSENCE.

“I know that the role of Cinderella is primarily for a Caucasian girl, but it didn’t stop me from going in and it didn’t stop them from seeing me," Palmer said of the role. "There is a bit of intimidation. You think about Denzel, Viola Davis, and you think, only great people can do Broadway. That was the scariest thing about it, but I’m the type who thrives on pressure.” continue:

But accolades were only a portion of the story. The actress recently had her nudes leaked online, faced criticism for her comments about Ferguson and quietly went through a breakup.
Palmer told ESSENCE the breakup left her feeling “lost and alone.” Thankfully, her mother, father and prayer pulled her through the difficult time.
"I realized that I'm a lot freer of a spirit. That was the beginning of me standing up for myself." She continued: "I would love to have somebody but this is such a great time in my life, in my career. I really am liking myself."
Palmer also opened up about why she takes social media sabbaticals and how she remains positive.
The January issue is on newsstands now.

No comments:

Post a Comment