JAMB Candidates Killed In Borno



There are reports that some students who were on their way to Biu from Maiduguri to write the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Examination(JAMB)'s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination were reportedly killed by the Boko Haram sect on Wednesday(9th April) evening. They are said to be among several persons that lost their lives in multiple attacks unleashed by the dreaded sect in four communities - Dikwa, Kala Balge, Gambulga and Gwoza. The JAMB candidates were in 8 vehicles when they ran into the insurgents.
According to the Senator representing Borno Central in the Senate, Zannah Ahmed, the attackers spoke English language, a departure from the language spoken by Boko Haram insurgents.In his words: “It is a must for me to speak since the people lives are involved and they are my people. All these are happening in my constituency and it will be wrong to keep quiet. I feel so much pained and would not have spoken but definitely my conscience will not let me do that.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment